How to Mark up Video Engagement with Subtitles
In the modern arsenal of the advertiser, video marketing is an essential weapon. The videos have become a central part of campaigns and outreach. Video is becoming incredibly shareable and engaging content. If any businessman uses it well, it will help to enhance sales and maintain a relationship with customers. Many online advisors have a walk toward online videos. Surveys show that more than 83% of marketers are using video content for advertisement.
But marketers do some necessary things to improve clarity, inclusivity, and engagement of video content. The subtitles in a video are a great way to improve these things. On-screens captions are also best to increase the time limit on the video of viewers. Facebook shows that on-screen captions increase the watch time limit by 12%.
One of the main reasons is that it makes it easy for people to understand from the video without playing audio. Generally, people watch the Facebook video for massive hours in a day, but only 15% of them are interested in watching videos along with the audio. It is embarrassing to watch a video on a bus, office, or any other place with audio, so people browse non-audio videos with subtitles on social media. Subtitles also help people who have a hearing problem or who have weak listening skills with native language English.
In addition to these, there are many benefits of video with subtitles. Here we discuss how we can add subtitles in our videos.
Ways to Add Video Subtitles
There are two methods to add video subtitles; you can embed a subtitle directly in your video, or you can add captions as a text file.
Uploading Of Captions as a Text File
Firstly, create a SubRip Subtitle (SRT) file with your video.
SubRip Subtitle (SRT) file is a text file with timestamps that includes appearing and disappearing time of text and captions. Instead of adding subtitles in videos upload subtitles alongside videos. If you are not aware of how to do this task, you can hire professionals who can make your videos efficiently.
Pros of Uploading Captions as a Text File
Read on the advantages of uploading captions as text file captions.
- You can create SRT files without video editing skills and software as they are simple.
- Viewers can choose or not subtitles.
- These files are also perfect for creating sound captions.
- People can change font sizes of closed captions of these videos.
- You can change text files in different languages easily.
- These videos also help to increase rank on the search engines.
Direct Embedding Of Subtitles in Videos
In this method, you can embed directly a subtitle or bum it into your video during the editing of the video.
This technique acquires some technical skills. In these videos, subtitles appear on videos, so there is not any need to make changes for watching the process of these videos.
Pros of Direct Embedding Of Subtitles into a Video
- With subtitles, people know what is upcoming without playing sound.
- The subtitles help to increase the watch time of videos.
- You can add different fonts, colors, and graphics with subtitles.
- These videos also play on Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, and Twitter, where text captions cannot run.