The explainer videos are the great way to communicate the right story as they are fantastic communication tools but without the proper explanation, the video can’t gain success. No doubt, you have a world-class visual, but if your video script is weak, that will bore and confuse at worst your audience. Many of the big brands lack behind because they underestimate the power of explainer video script. There are two approaches for explainer video script: First is to find the story and second, you already have a story. The story is the strong base from where you can catch the interest of the audiences as well as keep them engaged. Below are the ways to do it.
Find the story
It is difficult to identify the story that can make your message even simpler as well engaging for which you need to do a deep research.
- Problem-Suspension: Problem suspension as the name clear to provide the solutions to the problems is an outstanding way to put forward the company’s product and service. If the client is facing any kind of difficulty then you can use the strategies to make the story more inspirational.
- Process Overview: In this approach, there is no problem and it is the self-continued story so you need to figure out the ends clearly.
If your story did not fall into the above two points then provide basic set-up, for which you need to remember the following points:
- Be confident: If you are straightforward and confident then your viewers will trust you from the start.
- Predict the viewers’ question: Answer the viewers’ questions in your story.
- The questions to help you find the story:
- Why you need to tell the story?
- What is your main motive?
- Why is it essential for the people?
- What benefits will this provide?
- What viewers will take away?
Sublimate your story
If you will break down your story into parts then your explainer video can deliver information succinctly. So, you need to make your story as simple as possible but don’t patronize, and also make your video shorter as this shows respect to the viewers’ time.
Make it relevant and relatable
Every viewer has their own problems, so it’s an opportunity to bring the viewers into the story which also boosts the interest and capture the attentions to keep them involved. The points to keep in mind are as follows:
- Directly have a word with them: Don’t rely only on the on-screen character and speak directly to the viewer’s when getting an opportunity.
- Use their language: Using your viewers’ language helps a lot as they easily understand as well as familiar with the terms. Don’t use the cumbersome that confuse the people.
- Your story should not be more than five sentences: This will help you to refine your thinking.
- Avoid complex sentences: Write a simple sentence as you speak to your friends or relatives not informal but simple, this will help when you write for a voiceover.
If you want your viewers to laugh or get attracted by the words in the story, then you need to add emotions, which is also a great way to hook them from the root.
Keep it short length
You should avoid making long explainer videos, as the more length, the less impact will be and the explainer videos should be between 30 seconds to 3 minutes. You can use the following steps as a guide:
- Count your words
- Calculate your read time
- Think deeply to make message short as well as attractive.
Customize for voice over
People write amazing blogs, ebooks but they usually forget that video is entirely a different beast, which effectively captures the attention of the viewers. You should keep the key points in mind:
- Do not use complicated words
- · Rewrite awkward phrasing